-------------------------------------------------------------------------

19-year-old University of North Carolina student Faith Hedgepeth was brutally murdered on the morning of Sept. 7, 2012, in an off-campus apt. To this day, despite LOTS of evidence and suspicions, the case remains unsolved. It is my hope that a collaborative Web effort ("hivemind") may accomplish what law enforcement has been unable to do in two long years… solve this vicious, senseless crime. In recent years Web collaboration of 100s, has been the tool allowing many decades-old problems in science to be solved in a matter of months; it can work for solving crimes as well. On behalf of Faith, her friends, and loved ones... let's DO IT!

Here are links to several of the podcasts/sites that have covered the case in recent years (and of course you can google for many more news reports) -- I would caution though that virtually all podcasts and extended treatments of this case (including this blog!) have some facts wrong, and are highly speculative:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np8a4FoGE20 [20/20 broadcast]


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz8mBob9aPs ["Trace Evidence"]


https://truenoirstories.wordpress.com/2016/06/25/faith-hedgepeth/


http://twistedpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-50-the-murder-of-faith-hedgepeth


https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/02/16/crime-watch-daily-investigates-the-murder-of-faith-hedgepeth/


https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/breaking-homicide/full-episodes/who-killed-faith (2018 episode)


ALSO, because of the heavy suspicion usually directed toward Karena Rosario, I'll leave a permanent link to this longish "Defense" of Karena that has been offered by a reader:

https://faithhedgepeth.blogspot.com/p/on-september-7-2012-faith-danielle.html


==> [Finally, I have moved the long introductory material to the bottom so newest posts will now appear closer to the top (but you can click as needed if you want to review, or read for the first time, the basics about this crime).]
-----------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Gasparoli on the Voicemail


Another column from Tom Gasparoli today, now that he has heard the entire 3-minute voicemail referenced earlier, and read a transcript for it... a VERY disturbing column to read (he's also indicated he'll have more to say later):

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/community/durham-news/dn-opinion/article62000817.html

Again, without further details about the voicemail (and I haven't heard it myself, except the snippets presented on TV), I would caution readers against jumping to quick conclusions. BUT clearly, it opens many questions/concerns, including begging the question, WHAT was CHPD doing with this tape for 3 years?

Still, the time-frame issues need to be better resolved... is the phone time-stamp this far off and if so, how come, OR is the official police time-line hugely botched (and if so, how come)?
I think this voicemail story still has some distance to go... in some ways I'd be amazed if this one piece of 3-year-old evidence ends up breaking the case... but, one can hope.



8 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I noticed some social media links were removed from the blog last week.....hmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you mean the social media links removed here, they were just dead links... and there are likely more dead links above that I haven't had time to check/remove

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm letting everyone know now.. Karena Rosario Aka "Rosie" is guilty. It has been confirmed by some of her old friends of friends that she went by Rosie at times. Eriq Takoy was also involved in my opinion, when I asked him what's his input he laughed and cursed at me and joked about how he was cleared smh. It's obvious here people. Now are we going to do something about this or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I s'pose you believe Karena is "guilty" in the sense of having some knowledge of, or participation, in the crime, since the police seem to be looking for a male as the killer (although still possible a female wielded the bottle that was the murder weapon). In any event if you have some real evidence or hearsay from "friends of friends" for the assertions made you need to be talking to law enforcement and not a blogger.

      Delete
    2. I've already talked to a few SBI agents, Crime stoppers, Officer Blue (the old lead detective) , and even Faith's family. So I don't know what else to do but continue expressing my input, knowledge and experiences I've had (which means me reaching out to potential suspects) but at the end of the day still nothing.

      Delete
    3. Also the evidence is the Voicemail! You hear the name "Rosie" which came from Faith. That should be enough to bring "Rosie" Aka Karena back down to Chapel Hill and really be questioned this time. I'm telling you smh she is guilty.

      Delete
    4. Good to hear you’ve spoken with the authorities. I don’t know how recent that was, but I presume with the 100s of new leads they have they are quite weighed down at the moment. I hope they have some sort of update within a couple of months, but won’t be surprised if another whole year passes before they give a public update. :-( (...will be especially disappointing if the result of the 20/20 broadcast is nothing but wild goose chases.)

      I believe it is the case that Karena is currently in the Chapel Hill area, and according to law enforcement has been interviewed over 10 times — I don’t know that she can give them any more information unless/until they have further/new evidence to question her about.

      All evidence says the voicemail is from the Thrill nightclub (not from the murder scene) and law enforcement finds it largely indecipherable, in any event. (I’ve seen no good evidence that the interpretation given it in the press is credible, and there’d be nothing unusual about a person mentioning their own roommate on a buttdial-voicemail).

      IF you are right, though, the police will certainly have a LOT of explaining to do, as to how they failed to muster enough evidence against KR before now. If you hear anything back from them, of course we’d be interested to hear, and thanks for staying interested in the case, lest it fade from public memory. Very sad how many of these tragic, unsolved cases there are around the country.

      Delete
  4. Sorry for just now replying back. I don't know what to do anymore but play the waiting game (which I hate).. I mean I have honestly tried to come up with some many different tactics and try to come up with clues on my on but still no one listens.. Recently I have contacted one of Karena's relatives from NJ. The crazy thing is and how I know they were related is due to the family relationships section. It didn't show Karena because I think she either deactivated her account or blocked me. Idk? BUT! It showed her sister was a relative to this person. Me playing completely dumb, asked the relative if they had "Rosie's" number because I lost it, I have a new phone. Remind you I never ever in my life met Karena or even Faith but I am just playing alone or in case I guess you could say playing undercover detective or something.. anyway he proceed to say "oh hey, which one?" At this moment I am thinking to myself omg.. But I proceeded and responded back Karena. He then blocked me from everything?? Does this family have something to hide it mean?? Before that I spoke to Eriq Jones and he was sending laughing emojis and cursing at me for just asking him questions talking about how he was cleared and moved on with his life? I just don't understand how nobody is out here trying to do something or show any concern or help out one another? I don't get it man smh

    ReplyDelete